Monday, September 29, 2014

Keely in Rockledge FL

With pictures: again, the palsy is still present in my life. Forgive that. Speaking of palsy, at the Ogden Temple Rededication, one of the speakers mentioned that Jesus healed the palsy. Meant for me to hear? Yes. But yeah, I'll look like a goober in pictures for the next little bit.
SO. Here's me at the beach. That's the Atlantic Ocean behind me. Crazy, right? I would like to send a picture of me and Sister Hart, but she has to send it to me first.

Week 1 is basically officially done! I'm serving in the Rockledge Ward, and my area is Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, and Cape Canaveral. We don't get to go on the beach EXCEPT for on district p-day, which should be next week!!! My trainer's name is Sister Hart. She's from Provo and she has two transfers left, so I'll probably be her last companion. Oh, and I know my district here way less well than I did at the MTC because I'm not with them the entire day. But our district leader's name is Elder Tucker, and he has two companions, Elder Black and Elder Lavin. They're serving in our ward too. I think there's like...six companionships in our distric. Including the zone leaders, Elder Furgeson and Elder Ziegler.

And I know at least a few of you will probably ask me how the weather is. Honestly, it's not bad. It's different than Washington, but that kind of makes sense, so... Sometimes the air feels kind of sticky, and when it rains, it pours, but it's all good.

The members here are AWESOME. There's about 700 members of the ward, but only 200 active (so we've got a lot of work to do concerning less actives). But all the members I've met have been so welcoming, kind, and eager to help.

So my very first night here, we had our first lesson with this guy named Jamey. He's getting baptized on November 1. Apparently it's basically unheard of to have a first lesson and a baptism within one transfer, so that's great!!!! I've met some mean people while street contacting, but it's so worth it to find the people who are prepared to hear the gospel.
We had to drop one of our investigators because he wasn't progressing, so that was kind of sad. But definitely necessary. Right now the only investigator we're teaching is Jamey, so we're really working to get more investigators. But he's AWESOME.

In Alma 57:25, Helaman is talking about the Stripling Warriors after the battle is over and he says: "According to the goodness of God...there was not one soul of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one soul among them who had not received many wounds." Life is hard. We're not going to get through this unscathed. We'll have trials, we'll sin, we'll have things go wrong. That's just a fact. But through the goodness of God and through applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ, WE WILL GET THROUGH IT. God knows what we can handle, and He loves us, so He'll make sure we're strong enough to get through whatever we're dealing with.

I love hearing from all of you!!!! Keep letters and emails coming. I love letters because I get to check the mail every day. Again, the address is:

10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E
Orlando, FL 32837

And that will be my address for my entire mission. For packages and letters. OH and send me pictures because I love seeing them.

And if I haven't told you to read Alma 36 yet, read it. And if I have, read it again.

So much love,
Sister Keely Burnette

No comments:

Post a Comment