Monday, October 6, 2014

Liken the scriptures to yourself

Firstly, I definitely didn't put a subject line for last week's email, so that was my bad.
Secondly, A1A (like in "Ice Ice Baby") is in my area. So no big deal, I'll just baptize Vanilla Ice.
Thirdly, we were supposed to go on a temple tour a few days ago, but our investigator bailed on us once we got there. We still walked around the grounds, though. So that's what the first picture is.
Fourthly, we went to the beach today for district p-day! It only happens every three months, so it was a huge blessing that I got to go AND that it finished off the best weekend ever (because of conference). So those are the last two pictures. The last picture is of my district and the sisters from left to right are: Carpenter, Hart, Stratman, Ransom, me, and Allison. The elders are: Lavin, Black, Jurges, Ferguson, Donnelly, Tucker, Jensen, Stokes, and Ziegler. It was so much fun. Also it's totally possible I spelled most of those names wrong, but whatever.
Fifthly, my address (hint hint) is still:
10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E
Orlando, FL 32837

I honestly have no clue what to even talk about...So much happens, but it all feels so long ago. J cancelled almost all of his lessons last week because he had some issues. We don't really have any other investigators, but we're working really hard to find more. But that's actually the hardest part. A huge part of our mission is that we're supposed to talk with everyone. Literally everyone. The guy in the car next to you at a red light, the lady ringing you up at the grocery store, the guy sitting in his garage....EVERYONE. Let me just tell you: that's really scary. That was probably my biggest issue when I got to the mission (let's be real. It's still my biggest issue). But I really loved what Elder David A. Bednar said in his talk at General Conference yesterday about why we share the gospel. The gospel has made such a difference in my life. I love it more than I can explain. It's centered in Jesus Christ, and I am unbelievably grateful for Him. Because the gospel makes me so happy, I want to share it with everyone I know. That's why I'm on a mission. To share this amazing gospel that I love so much with my brothers and sisters.

OKAY. I'm not going to assign (suggest...whatever) a specific chapter of scripture to read this week (except you can totally read Alma 26 if you want. All about missionary work basically. Way cool), BUT I'm going to suggest something you should do like all the time. Whenever you're reading the scriptures and come across a general or plural pronoun (I think that's what they're called) like "the world" or something like that, replace it with your name! So D&C 18:10 would become: "Remember the worth of [your name] is great in the sight of God" and John 3:16 would be "For God so loved [your name] that He gave His Only Begotten Son". It's an amazing way to remind yourself of how important you are!

I hope you all know how much I love you. I love hearing from you. I love hearing about what's going on in your lives, I love hearing about your struggles, I love hearing about your accomplishments. Please know that hearing from you doesn't distract me. It helps me to keep going. Thank you all so so so so so much for your continued support.

I recognize that this is like the world's shortest email, so sorry about that (but if you have any questions you could just write me a letter). Again, I love you all so much, and I love this gospel too!

-Sister Keely Burnette




No comments:

Post a Comment